Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This is Taylor / this is my mom




I want to thank all of you who have visited us so far and the kind comments you have made. It is appreciated more than you know. I feel like I have met many sincere and warmhearted women through this internet world of blogging. It's fun and addicting so I'll keep at it. However, some things were brought to my attention...
My good friend, Trevor, shared with me some observations he made about our blog today. I have known him for over 10 years and as someone who knows me well he felt there were some things missing from our blog - it's possible that others might not feel the warm, tight relationship my daughter and I have because I have been a little impersonal in the way I write. But the main thing he noticed was that it is difficult to discern the different voices - where I leave off and she, Taylor, begins talking. I was so thankful to him for pointing these things out to me. I was too close to it to see.
So I hope this will clear things up a bit if people were confused. I'm, Leslye, the primary blogger. My photo "postings" are on the left and Taylor, my daughter's photos are on the right. Also my voice is first and her's is second (now in purple). I'm sure our blog will change over the course of the year, but for now this will be the way it will be laid out.

So that you can know us better.
This is my daughter, Taylor. She can always make you laugh. She has a creative mind and an incredible "eye" for photography, loves music and going to concerts (she's become known for her band photography). She likes cool weather... likes to wear scarves and hoodies ... likes chai soy lattes and hanging out with friends. She is open-minded, independent and full of potential. Taylor is my joy.
this is my mom, leslye. mom doesn't like having her picture taken (i secretly took this one). mom is accepting and understanding. mom is the one behind the camera when i am in front of it and is the one that sparks the majority of my inspiration. she needs to paint more. mom loves red and black (fitting since i go to uga now, haha). mom listens to my advice and never ceases to give me some of her own. she has never made me feel unloved or separated. she has never held me back. mom has watched me grow and has been the fertilizer for me. without her i wouldn't be anything like the person i am today. i love her.

7 comments:

ELK said...

thank you for the love displayed today and your bio of each other ~
I really enjoy your blog!

Anonymous said...

ah, this helps!
Thanks, the photos of each of you are lovely as is your blog.

thekreativelife said...

I LOVE your blog and I think it's very cool how you share it with your very talented daughter!

Shalet said...

What a wonderful way to share the world with your daughter!

Anonymous said...

the beginning is the beginning and then you find your voice and then it all starts to be more fun and then you make more and more friends and then it becomes something you can't imagine doing without. that is the evolution of my own blog...and it is fun to watch yours move through it's own stages of growth. hello taylor, hello leslye!

Shona Cole said...

ok, 2 years later - oh my, you both sound so lovely! I want that for me and mine when they are grown women.

ELK said...

can you believe it? just had to comment from SS ..it has gone so fast...

my oldest graduates from college in May ..youngest from high school end of May...

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.