Friday, October 10, 2008

little mug / big trees


This evening I enjoyed a cup of Earl Grey tea in this little mug that makes me feel happy every time I use it - it was the very first mug I made on a wheel and glazed. / Taylor didn't send a photo again ( oh so busy i guess). But I always have plenty to choose from. Taylor took this photo exactly one year ago when my brother and his family visited from Maryland. We took a family hike at a place called Big Trees Forest Preserve, just few miles from home. It feels like a secret haven there. It's a 30-acre tree, plant and wildlife sanctuary right in the midst of a highly developed area. There are several, nicely managed, mulch trails, big rock boulders, 2 creeks, tree bridges, a variety of flowering plants and trees including white oak trees that are 100 to 200 yrs old. It's a wonderful escape so close to home.

7 comments:

spread your wings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spread your wings said...

sorry Taylor I realize now that this was the one that was focused beyond Cooper instead of one him. But that's ok. I like it anyway.

ELK said...

your mug is really nice ~ do you use the wheel anymore? hope Saturday is a great day !

christina said...

It something about a favorite mug that makes those warm drinks taste even better.: )

Elizabeth Harper said...

Whew! I've just been though your last month of posts and think you are very brave.

I like your images too.

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, my gosh!! I adore this blog! I am so very, very glad you found me and left a comment because that let me discover you two.

I am so blessed by so many things about this blog. I love the love that shines through it. The creative idea behind it. The wonderful, daily-moments-captured sort of photography. The love between the two of you. The juxtapositions between your two words. I love the way that you are holding on to each other and staying connected in a very fractured, frantic world. It gives me great pleasure to think of sharing something like this with my daughter some day. It's so nice to meet you.

donna said...

That mug makes me want to curl up in front of the fire with a hot cocoa and a good book.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.