Thursday, October 16, 2008

blue skies / bee life


I'm feeling blue today - Autumn sky blue, that is. And that's a good thing. Not a bad iphone shot either. I was walking to my car, picked up this leaf, sat down in my car and shot this photo. I love the colors.
thanks oma, for sending me this book. i'm really enjoying it. there are so many beautiful quotes. 
"it was the in-between time, before day leaves and night comes, a time i've never been partial to because of the sadness that lingers in the space between going and coming."  - Secret Life of Bees

7 comments:

ELK said...

beauty as always Leslye and Taylor ~



shhhhh she is sleeping upstairs we talked until late!

please sir said...

Looks like such a good book!

donna said...

I love those colors together - the blue and the orange...such a contrast and yet so complementary.
Thanks for your post about the red hair...there are a couple of blogging photograhers out there that have red haired daughters. Maybe its a sign of creativity!!

Relyn Lawson said...

Somehow I missed this one. HOW?


The colors are amazing. Glowing and luminous.

Plus, you got two of my favorite things: books and autumn leaves.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I really enjoyed that book also. Did you know they are coming out with a movie?! I am psyched about it.

Anonymous said...

I love The Secret Life of Bees. It's one of my favorite books.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea of a mother and daughter blog. Got the hint from Relyn. like it very much!!!

Gina from Germany

If you can't read German, have a look at the pics at least.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.