Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Never forget /


Shutter Sisters posed this question today, "Do you have a photo that captures a conversation that you or the subject want to never forget?" All the post were sweet and tender but it immediately made me think of this photo on the left. Every time I look at this photo I smile, even laugh out loud again. My daughter was completing her senior focus project for photography and did a series on Alice Wonderland interpretations. Here we were having a "Mad Tea Party" and I was the Mad Hatter (haha, because I'm short and have crazy hair). This set up was in our backyard and we were just shooting away (she had a timer on the camera). We looked and noticed that there were some people up there, we just starting dying laughing for what they must think of their crazy neighbors. It all paid off because she got a fantastic final photo (the one on the right) and a 100 on her project.
So this wasn't really a conversation that I never want to forget but an occasion that represents the many times we've had fun shooting photos together. I am always overjoyed to be a part of her activities and shooting is a time we tend to bond so well - our creative minds work together and feed off each other - we're a good team... mother and daughter.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hi there. I'm here via Shutter Sisters and just had to comment. I love these photos.

So whimsical and beautiful...sincere laughter in a fantastical setting. It's so beautiful. I'd love to see the rest of her interpretation of Alice in Wonderland.

Thanks for sharing.

ELK said...

that is so important in life;
"getting" each other and
staying on the same team.

christina said...

This is such a wonderful post. Each time I come to visit, I think of my 12 year old daughter.

Laughter is the key to a relationship.

Oh, such pictures these will be when looking back years form now.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! you are doing a mother daughter photoblog! that is a beautiful thing!! i am awestruck at the very idea of this opportunity to share flight.

the story behind these marvelous photos is a jewel!

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.