Saturday, September 20, 2008

a cup of blessing


This is my page tonight. I have been frustrated with her not doing her photography and I realized I really have no right to speak of this because I have not been doing my work either. So it's time I get busy.
I started this project in the spring when all the new growth was about us and then when the weather turned too hot and the flowers stopped blooming, I stopped working on it. Well now I am seeing beauty in the decay. My plan is to sell prints without quotes on etsy (the above two, with quotes, make wonderful desktop images).
"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting – a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

ELK said...

well this is such wonderful work ~ and the contrast is basic circle of life but beautiful

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I love to take photos of the dead, dying, and withered.....

these are beautiful, they look like scans.

spread your wings said...

Thanks. Yes these are scans. Just a project I started working on for fun and found it pretty interesting.
I love your photography and enjoy your blog.

Relyn Lawson said...

This is one of my most favorite quotes. Plus, I think your scans are wonderful and that they really would sell with quotes on them.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.