Saturday, January 8, 2011

warm bread / warm chair


solo post - L, Nikon

Today it is chilly outdoors – lots of wind and pending snow in the forecast. But inside it is toasty warm – the warmth of the fire, and the sunshine on the chair invited me to sit and read... but I had work to do. Not dreaded work like laundry or vacuuming, or even taking down Christmas, but finally a chance to get down in my studio and work. After a slice of cranberry bread, fresh out of the oven, I set to work. I'm happy to say it was a very productive day. And honestly, I'm hoping for that snow that is in the forecast. It's just as exciting to miss a work day now as it was to miss a school day in days past, don't you think?

7 comments:

Char said...

yes, i do - but i'm afraid all we will get here is icy rain. we're just far enough south for it to be messy.

hope you get your snow day - stay safe and warm

Unknown said...

I love a snow day! Yesterday was very cold but I enjoyed a beautiful walk with my dog on the golf course in the falling snow.

S. Etole said...

what a comforting combination ...

ELK said...

messy southern winters for sure ..what a lovely spot that chair beckons me ..hello sun!!

Unknown said...

It looks so warming, so sweet!!

Relyn Lawson said...

Your home always looks so cozy and pretty and welcoming. I love that.

Jaime said...

hehe..these pictures taken just three days earlier and it looks like spring green outside your window! How quickly things can change.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.