Tuesday, January 11, 2011

snow day / snow day


L - Nikon / T - Nikon

Everybody likes a snow day don't they? Well how about two or three? I, for one, enjoyed staying at home – a nice fire and good book, some more time in the studio and I'm good. Others would say they had cabin fever by the second day and might just go stir crazy by tomorrow. Two snow days in Atlanta is a lot and for school children there will be a third. When the mail is not delivered you know it must be bad right? With temperatures in the teens again tonight that ice on the roads is not improving.
I do have to admit it was nice when a friend came over today and took me out to eat at a Mexican restaurant, Starbucks and for a hike in my favorite woods - The Big Trees Forest. I felt alive out there. The scent of pine was strong and the air so refreshing. It really did me good. / three days off from school! i think that's a record in the south. we're missing the first days of our new semester but you don't hear me complaining. however i do have to say it's hard to hang out with people when you can't drive. a walk in to town for pizza proved treacherous. haha. and i'm too scared to sled on sheer ice. but days off from school... that's cool.

7 comments:

ELK said...

enjoy ..it is rare

Unknown said...

we leave in a strange world it looks like you have more snow there and I live in Canada, enjoy!!

Prairie Girl Studio said...

how i love snow days when everyone has to take the speed of life down a notch ~ perhaps a gift from mother nature ...
oooo, but i sure hope you are all safe ~ i saw the ice images on the news last night and for those needing to get places, they really need to take extra care ...
be safe, snuggle in and enjoy your days ~
: )
prairiegirl

Relyn Lawson said...

GOT to love a snow day. YAY!!!

Char said...

there is something special about that bonding when the snow binds you together. enjoy!

Jewels said...

yes, glad we are learning to share!

Jaime said...

The Big Trees Forest...now that sounds like a spectacular place to go for a hike!!

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.