Saturday, January 15, 2011

refreshed / thrilled


L - Nikon / T - Nikon (photos taken by friends)

Both of these are photos were taken by friends. I think it's interesting how evident the thrill of snow shows on our face.
The snow is still on the ground and for many those smiles are fading. For Atlanta to have a snow last almost a full week before melting I would say is a record, but I don't know that for a fact. Fact or not, most southerns are SO ready for it to be gone – but not me. I like it. Even today I felt refreshed to walk out in the woods, being careful of my step, hearing the crunch/squeak of the snow beneath my feet, letting the strong scent of pine mixed with brisk cold air fill my lungs as I walk the trails along the creek. But I know it's difficult for many people and for this I understand their delight to know that it will warm to a pleasant 50 degrees tomorrow and remain that way for all of next week. I know, even as thrilled as Taylor was to have it snow in Athens, she is ready for it to melt. It's probably not much fun walking to class being fearful that you will fall and embarrass yourself or worse - tear a hole in your favorite jeans.

7 comments:

S. Etole said...

enjoying your enjoyment ...

Unknown said...

beautiful smiles, enjoying winter!

d smith kaich jones said...

you both look like kids! and i get this, the joy of snow when you so seldom see it, but i'm with taylor, i think. a week would be plenty. :)

xoxo
Debi

robin bird said...

oh just look at you two! yes i see the excitement over the white beauty that is so unusual to your neck of the woods. i love the look of your blog..it's been awhile since i was by for a visit :) the flicker wheely thing is cool too. thanks so much for coming to see me upon my return to the blogging world. you made me feel welcomed home.
xo

Jewels said...

hahaha, I just wanted to say, stop it when I was reading this, but I know the feeling when it snows in March, it's a happy thing because we know it will soon be over :) I'm glad you are loving it!

ELK said...

big smile .. snow in the south stays for just the right amount of time, what a treat for you two this year and you have recorded it so beautifully

georgia b. said...

two beauties, for sure! snow does you both good! i usually look grumpy in the snow. =)

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.