Friday, January 9, 2009

contentment / peace


I found this quote tonight: “When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.” A state of happiness and satisfaction - to be at peace with our decisions, to know you're moving in the right direction, not wishing for something more or something different - in the end to be able to say "life is good" just the way it is - that's contentment, right? I want to always be able to say, "Life is Good" like the sticker I have on my car and T has on her car. / i miss my kirby. i don't really need a car at school so much but something about having him here gives me a sense of security. (the day i had to go back to school kirby wouldn't start). i hope he's being fixed.

6 comments:

Char said...

I'm glad someone besides me names their car - mine's name is Tallulah. a very thoughtful and thought provoking post.

Anonymous said...

our car is named Amy V. I love the peace symbol on your car.

Anonymous said...

What a great quote! Im a sucker for those and that one really hit home. Great pics ladies!
a.

georgia b. said...

i live this post. the photos are great—i love the way they play off eachother! and i love hearing about what contentment and peace means to others. i wish you both contentment and peace.

(ps. thanks for the well wishes. i'm feeling better already!)

Relyn Lawson said...

OH! I really want a Life Is Good sticker for my car. Because life is good. Very, very good. Where did you find yours?

donna said...

Funny...kirby...my kids call my car Penelope. I'm not sure why we feel compelled to personalize our cars..but I do like "Kirby"

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.