Thursday, November 6, 2008

outdoors in / indoors out


The other day when I was working on a set of "love" notecards for the I.C.E. show I was using these tiny little redbud leaves. They were laying there on my desk and I knew then that it would be my "Love Thursday" photo. The redbud tree has always been one of my favorites. To me it is simple and graceful. It's delicate purple clusters signal that winter is coming to a close. In addition to the bloom, I love the rich black color of the bark and the zig zag shape of the limbs and of course, the lovely heart shaped leaf.
/ Because Taylor is still out of commission with her posts, I pulled from something she took at this same time last November (i've done this before in a pinch). There's a story about this shoot, and I had it posted, but I took it off because it's not what this blog is about. Hopefully she will get back in the swing of sending photos for this blog of ours. Until then...

9 comments:

ELK said...

the images here are soft yet strong ~
do not see many typewriters around especially in the park!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh! I just love typewriters. I could just kick myself for getting rid of my old one. Great images.

thekreativelife said...

These photos are just wonderful! And what a great idea . . . indoors/out and outdoors/in! I've gotta try that sometime! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

look at it this way, life should come first for the daughter. just like doing the dishes "later".

christina said...

Typewriters are just love, aren't they?

Wonderful shots!

Anonymous said...

I love typewriters and all things associated with them.

Anonymous said...

lovely images

donna said...

I just love your pic...so delicate and simple.

Relyn Lawson said...

My picture arrived today. Wow. WOW. WOW!! It looks absolutely amazing. I love it so much! I'll send you a picture when I have it framed and hung.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.