Sunday, November 29, 2009

scooting / making room


solo post - L, iphone/Nikon

This Thanksgiving has been very relaxing – no stress, no shopping, no worries. And here it is coming to a close. Taylor has to get back to school and my brother has to go back to B'ham. But before he left he took me on a scooter ride. It was a most glorious day and we scooted all around the neighborhoods, the wind in our faces, smelling the autumn leaves and the fires burning. We went into neighborhoods that we don't bother to drive through in our cars. People were out decorating their homes, hanging the wreaths and placing the lights. We saw amazing homes - some so elegantly decorated and others more classic in their approach. Ever since I was a child I loved driving around looking at decorations. One the scooter it was even more fun - so much fun that we lost track of time and ended up being gone for over an hour. It was my first ride, and to my own surprise, I loved it.
As I'm sure is true for many of you, it is tradition for us to get the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, and to start making room for Christmas decorations inside and outside the house. The wreaths were hung outside and candles placed in the windows, the nutcrackers come out and the garland is hung on the mantel, childhood Christmas photos are set here and there and a winter wonderland is created with the snowbabies figurines. But something we always pick out together is the tree. And this year T and I did it in record time - I mean literally seconds - the very first tree T pulled out looked about as good as we've ever had so we went with it, not even looking at any others. I was shocked. I can't believe we went with the first one.

11 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Glad you got on your first ride.

Cool pics.

xo

Woman in a Window said...

Your tree lasts that long? That's incredible, really.

When I was overseas many moons ago I had a scooter. The freedom that you feel on one of those! Closer to the world. Glad you had fun.

xo
erin

d smith kaich jones said...

:) My friends and I call that "shopping like a man" and consider it a good thing when we do so - no agonizing.

And now I know what I would like for Christmas - a scooter sounds like so much fun.

:) Debi

Char said...

i like it when i can find something that fast - it's awesome

georgia b. said...

yay! so happy it's that time of year again. love these two photos!

and i love the new look of your blog! i forgot to say so last time i stopped by. i like to be able to see your photos larger.

party bus said...

Christmas thanks giving...

Jewels said...

I love your redsign! Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving... so hard to get back to work!

S. Etole said...

What a memorable day for you ...

gayle said...

Your scooter ride sounds very fun! I love when picking the tree just takes seconds!

Unknown said...

this post excites me l. calvin and i are planning on travelling through italy on scooters. you just gave me an appetiser : )

as for the tree... mine is up and i decided to make my wreaths different this here. they are laced with dried roses and i am delighted with the outcome.

glad the tree was an easy find.

margie said...

meant to be.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.