Friday, November 20, 2009

moving forward / waxing moon


L - iphone / T - phone (collaborative)

Today we post our 300th post. It has changed since that first naive post we made back on August 18th 2008. But in some ways I like the simpleness those first entries had - in a way they seem stronger in their simplicity. They represented more of what my original intentions were here - for each of us to share just a tiny bit of our day with each other. Things changed and that's all fine as long as it's for the best. It's changed but has it moved forward? (or should we go back to a photo and one sentence structure). I sometimes feel we struggle with it - she's not always able (or honestly "wants") to send her part and I don't always have words or photos to share either, but we have carried on and have hit almost every day since we started and that feels pretty good. We've definitely gone through ups and downs here on our blog – I'll just consider it an ebb and flow just as the moon wanes and waxes. But tonight being our 300th post, and with the crescent moon shinning down on us, it seems a good time to instill change here at Spread Your Wings - to move forward - to grow. I don't know just how it will happen but, like the moon, it will be a gradual and may recede out of view every once in a while. / tonight mom specifically asked me for a photo of the moon. at first i couldn't see it but i went outside and there it was - a tiny white sliver in the midnight blue sky. i love a crescent moon don't you?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on hitting 300. That's a lot of words and images. I'll look forward to seeing your next move.

ELK said...

you have both really added so much to my blog world... "meeting" you on 3191 so many posts ago...friends through each ebb and flow!

appropriate moon shots tonight ~blessings, elk

Relyn Lawson said...

Changes? Ok. Leaving? No way!

Oh, hey, I accidentally made a bad poem. Still. I really mean it. Don't go anywhere, sweet girls.

georgia b. said...

because i needed to label/tag some older posts, i was just today going back over some of my original posts from over a year ago. i can't believe how much my blog has evolved. i actually feel embarrassed at some of the things {photos and writing} that i posted back then. but it's nice also to see how i've grown. i'm sure in another year, i will look back at today and think "how silly i was back then." or "how amateur was my photography." but that's okay.

oh, not to say your older posts and photos were amateur. i think quite the opposite. still, i know what you mean. but let me just say, i thoroughly enjoy your lovely blog. i always have from the first time i came across it via elk's to today. yours is the only mother/daughter blog i know of and read. it's wonderful. you guys are naturals! keep it coming! keep it changing. change IS good when it's for the better. so glad i came across your neck of the woods. i always enjoy my visit.

happy happy birthday, too, L! you are a sweet, sweet person and blog friend.

S. Etole said...

I think your banner says so much ... fly, spread your wings ... always enjoy my visits here.

peachey said...

i commented to my husband about that very same moon. it's so nice to see it here, shared in this way.

300! wow. congrats to you both. i am excited to follow the unfolding into something new ...

d smith kaich jones said...

Moving with the moon seems a very womanly thing to consider, but I hope you don't recede too often. (Even if you do make me cry sometimes!)

Congratulations on 300! And btw, I didn't think your first post was naive at all.

xoxo
Debi

Puna said...

Congratulations on your Memio win at Shutter Sisters!

tNb said...

There is something so gorgeous about the simplicity of that first post which I just read for the first time. Ebb and flow, peaks and valleys ... change is a good thing even when we struggle with it.

Congrats on making it to 300!

Gayle said...

This is always one of my favorite places to visit. Congratulations on your 300th post!

Char said...

congratulations on #300 and i think change is a part of us all. i have loved your shots both together and separately - you are both such gifted artists.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.