Tuesday, May 5, 2009

greenish yellow / yellow and green


L - Nikon D60, T- Nikon D40x

I didn't have time to post last night because I had to work until almost midnight again. I can't complain however, because I feel fortunate to have a job and a job that I enjoy. We have had to work late so many nights lately. But what's tolerable about it is the fact that all of the creative team stays and works together – really together. Helping each other out, not ever saying, "that's not my job." Our boss cuts and puts together comps, just like the rest of us. If someone needs help finding a photo, or scanning an image, or designing a logo that isn't part of their assigned job there's never complaining. Of course we grumble every once in a while about being here late, putting together kits for a next day meeting, but we laugh and have fun too. No one stands around having nothing to do, they ask, "does anyone need help?". Dinner is brought in and then we keep on working. It's a really great group of people and we all get along so well. It's not all business - we talk and share personal stories and feelings, feed off each other's creativity, encourage and motivate each other in dieting, working out, relationships, etc. In the morning there's always talk of the popular shows seen the night before - mainly "American Idol" which I don't watch. And believe it our not "Housewives of..." is another popular one (I don't watch that one either). It's fun here - not stuffy or boring. So to have to work until midnight every once in a while... I'm not going to complain.  
I had taken a few photos Sunday and when T sent me this photo yesterday I knew I had to pair it with this tulip popular tree blossom that I took Sunday afternoon out on my deck. I'm so glad T had us keep this tree when we built here. I don't always notice the blossom on the tree because it is so tall, but they fall to the deck and there I can enjoy the sweet smell and unique yellowish green blooms. It makes me happy to see these two photos together. / my roommate and i love to shop the vintage stores here in athens. it's a combination of not having money and loving the vintage style as well. the other day we walked into minx because they were having a sale on boots. i love boots right now and they had some awesome cowboy boots that i was wanting. but they cost too much. however i did buy a red dress and while trying it on i took a photo of the light fixture in the dressing room. i want that lamp. in fact, i asked if it was for sale. it was not. 

14 comments:

Jewels said...

Your job sounds like fun - where do you work? I always love yellow and green together :)

Char said...

love the pairing of the colors together. and I love vintage shops

ELK said...

well done with green and yellow..inside and out!

Unknown said...

your jib is the type that i woudl thrive in. i love teamwork. it is an absolute catalyst for all good things in my life.

t, you sound like the type of person who i would enjoy spending an afternoon with.

Unknown said...

sorry... job and would.

Gayle said...

That sounds like a great place to work! The photos are great together. I have never seen a tulip tree flower before, and that is a cool light fixture!

SE'LAH... said...

Great complementary shots. Love your attitude regarding helping without saying 'not my job'. Also love vintage shopping...always great unique finds.

margie said...

i love the colour of that lamp. green...my favourite.

georgia b. said...

l and t, gorgeous greens and yellows!

l, the thing i miss the most about my past jobs is my co-workers—especially the ones i had fun with like you describe. it's something i hope to have in my next job.

t, i do the same thing—when i go to stores, i take pictures of the store. vintage stores have the most interesting things to photograph. these yellow and green fixtures are awesome! my sis gave me a lamp with a very similar shade. they just don't make things like they used to, do they?

Shelli said...

These photos look great together. I love the colors.

Now I'm curious where you work!?

Thanks for stopping by my blog - that flower is a kind of columbine!

Shelli said...

p.s. I love the vintage stores in Athens too! Unfortunately, I haven't been there since I was single and childless!

Woman in a Window said...

Sounds like an amazing place to work. You sure it's real?

And yes, that light fixture, totally cool.

Anonymous said...

I love these colors, I just saw these tones at a store yesterday and found them so inspirational!

Relyn Lawson said...

Such a completely perfect pairing. I think I can safely declare it your best ever. My oh my. I didn't even read your words. I was rushing too much to come tell you how perfectly perfect this is. Gotta go read now.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.