Sunday, February 1, 2009

a day of painting


solo post - L Nikon D40x 50mm / 200mm
I started painting first thing this morning. I looked out the window and noticed 2 robins all puffed up like it was freezing cold outside but it wasn't so cold. They sort of looked like babies but they couldn't possibly be could they? The photo is taken through the window with my 200m so the quality isn't so great but isn't that color wonderful? It was just the color I had on my palette. I didn't make any adjustments to these - when I saw them side by side in iphoto i knew they had to go together for my post today.
I painted all day long until I had to quit and go to my metalsmithing class. Class was great tonight. I learned how to solder and continued working on my little metal cylinder box. Plus I finally got to polish my copper bracelets in the tumbler and they so shiny and nice.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Blue is appealing to me so much lately. The blue that you have captured here is vibrant and chilling all at once.

bichonpawz said...

You have captured the brilliance of the blue perfectly!! Looks just gorgeous!

ELK said...

blue is a favorite ~such a art filled day for you!

Char said...

gorgeous....blue has just been speaking to me lately.

baby robins? spring is surely around the corner.

Woman in a Window said...

Ooooh, I know that blue. That is sweet tooth blue, it almost aches. Gorgeous. That photo is amazing! Nothing short on it at all.

Anonymous said...

I love soldering. Wow, I had forgotten that. There was a craft that I needed to solder and my brother made me do it myself. The blues are gorgeous.

Relyn Lawson said...

Metalsmithing. How wonderful!! And, yes, that blue is amazing.

Anonymous said...

The blues are so beautiful! I just want to keep looking at your photos!

Lauren said...

Bluetiful way you captured my favorite color!

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.