Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy weekend


solo post - L, Nikon

What will you be doing this Halloween weekend? No more costumes for me to make here, no trick-or-treaters at my door to treat. I'll just be at home tomorrow night enjoying a traditional bowl of chili and watching a movie by the fire. Growing up my dad always made the first pot of chili of the season on Halloween night (usually cooked it over the fire) - a good hot bowl to feed us before we went out trick-or-treating into the night. Halloween was a good time back in those days. Whatever your weekend holds I hope it's fun, be safe and don't forget to set your clocks back. yeah for the extra hour of sleep.

The crow above was part of an installation for the Harvest Celebration at Aldridge Botanical Gardens. The tree was covered in crows that children had decorated in festive attire.

7 comments:

ELK said...

oh it looks so realistic...we do not get many trick or treaters either anymore

S. Etole said...

I, too, wondered what crow would let himself be decorated in such a fashion!

georgia b. said...

:)
i third that. thought is was real for sure.

still such a pretty shot--even if it is supposed to be halloweenish. :)

happy weekend to you as well.

Char said...

oh i love aldridge!!! I wanted to go up tomorrow for the color but I have to do a shoot with a set of triplets. I still may consider running up there if I wake up early enough.

beautiful shot - hope the chili is yummy

Anonymous said...

No trick or treaters :(

We had some come by...they ate up all the candy.

It does sound like you had a nice evening though.

Relyn Lawson said...

What a terrific tradition. I love hearing about your childhood. You've mentioned your Dad a few times and he sounds like a wonderful man. Happy November.

Gayle said...

Ours was very quiet, too. We hoped for at least a few trick-or-treaters, but we didn't get any.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.