Wednesday, October 7, 2009

acorns / picnics


L - Nikon 50mm / T - Polaroid

“Faith sees a beautiful blossom in a bulb, a lovely garden in a seed, and a giant oak in an acorn.”
- William Arthur Ward

What a wonderful week of renewal and illumination I had while in North Carolina – to be surrounded by so many creative people – dining and dorming with them for 5 days straight – was refreshing and inspirational. I plan to tell you more about it on my autumnsun blog – soon I hope.
I saw, and felt, hints of autumn there in NC – the leaves just barely starting to change but autumn temperatures were definitely in the air. As I walked the soft earthy scented cypress pathway each day to my metalsmithing class the leaves on the ground became an inspiration to me. I gathered leaves and took them to class, drawing from their different shapes I made a bracelet of silver and copper. This tiny oak leaf, not yet changed, and a bright yellow acorn caught my eye on the last day – I picked them up and brought them home with me. / enjoying afternoons of picnics and polaroids. i'm loving it. school is going well too.

8 comments:

ELK said...

hello my two friends...L. your week sounds so special...the two "P"s are blissful as I see it here.

I am so glad to be reading of your lives again, both of you were so missed by me ~
blessings,
elk

d smith kaich jones said...

This title felt so relaxed. :)

So glad to read you are both having good weeks, and can't wait to see that bracelet.

:) debi

Anonymous said...

I want to see the bracelet too.

How wonderful for you to get away for a whole week and focus only on creative pursuits of your own design.

S. Etole said...

Good to have you back ...

Jewels said...

What a refreshing time you must have had!!! Nice!

Woman in a Window said...

Sometimes the greatest art is all around us at our feet. Glad you found restoration.
xo
erin

Gayle said...

I love the photos today! Your bracelet is amazing!!!

Relyn Lawson said...

How wonderful that you took that opportunity. I love the way you follow your passions.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.