Wednesday, August 3, 2011

picked / cleaned


L - Nikon

...and eaten
This evening I picked a few before the birds ate them. They’re good straight from the tree but next I think I'll try them with chocolate.

Chocolate Covered Figs

• 4 whole fresh California figs with stems
• Fine sea salt; as needed
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Wash and dry figs; dust lightly with salt. Set aside. Measure chocolate chips into microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave for 30 seconds more and stir until chocolate is completely melted.

Holding fig by stem, dip in melted chocolate and set on wax paper-lined tray. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let stand until chocolate is set.

Serves: 4

3 comments:

O. said...

i'm so jealous you have figs

S. Etole said...

I wouldn't have known what they were ... what a treat for you!

onesilentwinter said...

ho i would just die to pick figs. beauiful you guys!

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.