Friday, October 1, 2010

eager / yearning


L - iphone / T - phone pic

I'm looking forward to the weekend. The forecast looks perfect - highs in the low 70s and lows in the 40s. Those low temperatures are reason enough for a first fire in my mind - I can't wait. I think I'm being over-eager and should probably wait. What about you - are you eager for cozy nights by the fire or does it have to be much colder? / i've found a new friend and her name is lilly. i think i have taken a liking to her since our hair colors match and the fact that she is really wonderful. i'm volunteering at a new rescue center that has just opened up in athens called petzone and i'm really enjoying myself. it's a thrift store and dog rescue place combined, which are two of my favorite things ever! all of the proceeds from the thrift portion go towards saving and taking care of dogs that are on the kill list of other local shelters. i really want to take lilly home, but i guess i'll have to settle with volunteering every day until she gets adopted [:

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I too can't wait for the cooler sweater weather and walks in the woods and coming home to a warm fire in the fireplace.

Ohhh... little Lilly is so adorable. Back in May we thought we would become a foster home for a pup. Well... that little pup wiggled his way not only into our hearts but our home. xo

ELK said...

sweet sweet lily... keeping my fingers crossed

Gayle said...

I fire sounds wonderful tonight! It is supposed to only be in the 50's for daytime highs for the next few days here.

I hope that lily gets adopted to a loving home quickly. She looks so sweet.

d smith kaich jones said...

I am constantly amazed at how incredibly perfect y'all's photos work together. You have a gift for this. Wow.

And sweet Lilly dog. Taylor, I am impressed with you, such a wonderful place to volunteer. I would want to bring all the dogs home.

xoxo
Debi

Relyn Lawson said...

Awwww... look at those sad eyes.

kathryn hansen said...

i'm new here...i love that you foster animals. My youngest daughter volunteers at a cat rescue place on Saturdays...and now we have 3 new cats!!yikes!!

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.