Wednesday, December 2, 2009

moon light / Christmas lights


solo post - L

I got home late from work tonight. I guess when you take 2 days off you have to work 2 days worth in one. Anyway, after a very cloudy, rainy, foggy day the night sky was clear, clear enough to see the bright full moon hanging just above my dormer window when I drove up the driveway. (Did you know that there will be 2 full moons in this month of December, making the full moon on Dec 31 a blue moon a rare occurrence.)
I guess the tree will remain without ornaments until the weekend. I'm going to bed.

10 comments:

S. Etole said...

Looks so cozy here.

ELK said...

i still have Thanksgiving up...sigh...a blue moon will be fabulous!!

Line said...

love the dog It's a beagle, I have a labrador mix with a beagle, a very sweet dog!!

Char said...

the moon was so gorgeous last night - i had hoped tonight it would be as beautiful but the clouds have set in.

i am so sorry you had to work so late..hope you slept well.

daisies said...

the moon was stunning last night, so lovely that you captured that beauty :-)

d smith kaich jones said...

My two favorite kinds of light. This just makes me so happy!

xoxo
Debi

gayle said...

Evee looks so cozy and warm by the tree!

Jewels said...

I saw that same moon on the way to my book club and I quick called a friend to take pix - I didn't have my camera with me :(

gkgirl said...

wow...
i didn't know that about the moon...
that's cool.

great shots!!

Relyn Lawson said...

I am super excited to learn about the blue moon. HOW EXCITING!! Another teaching opportunity.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.