Friday, June 12, 2009

a blissful day


photos by T

Since this has been such a hectic week and have had no time for photos or blogging I asked T to share 2 photos from her week. I didn't know what she would come up with. I was hoping for a shot of her dirty self after her hard day laying sod in the rain. She's been helping her dad with landscaping this week – doing very hard and dirty work. The kind of work that makes you feel good and tired at the end of the day. Or a photo of the pieces she hung in a gallery. She prepared and hung 3 large photo pieces in a local art gallery for a showing called "pin-up" Show and Sale. It was an interesting concept - all pieces had to be no larger than 18 x 24 and unframed and unmated and able to "pin" to the wall with no more than 4 push pins (she said she used 6 - hope she's not disqualified) and must be priced under $100.
And she's probably not counting but I can count at least 6 different friends she has made time for just this week. She's staying busy that's for sure. And that a good thing. / these photos are from last week when i spent a day in athens with my friend. the weather was perfect. the day was an unstructured day. we bought subway lunches, laid a blanket in the grass, amongst the clover, made clover necklaces, read our books, talked and listened to music.

7 comments:

Char said...

congrats on the show! that sounds exciting.

bichonpawz said...

Simple, yet a very relaxing day! I like a subway, blanket in the park type day!

Puna said...

So sweet that she takes the time to help her dad and her friends!

georgia b. said...

so sweet. i really like both of these pictures.

what a great concept for a photography show. i like the idea that they they were not framed.

Gayle said...

Oh, I would love to see T's gallery pieces!

ELK said...

perfect way to spend time ~food, friend & music

SE'LAH... said...

congrats on the gallery showing...sounds exciting. that's a huge accomplishment.

do let us know how it turns out.

footnote

The photos on the left are taken by me, Leslye, the mother. The photos on the right are taken by my daughter, Taylor – unless otherwise noted. Comments are always welcome. thanks
If you care to visit, I, Leslye, have another blog - AutumnSun where I ramble around different paths and pleasures of my own.